Business and financial models can be used to compare alternative options and examine the effects of different scenarios and risks. They are used to summarise current performance and forecast future results in order to support business decisions. A good model design needs to address several key issues:
- Understanding the relationships in the system being modelled
- Ensuring all relevant factors are included
- Avoiding unnecessary detail and complexity
- Providing flexibility for future changes
- Checking to avoid errors
- Tailoring the model to users’ requirements
Jigsaw specialises in designing, developing and running models. We also train clients to use and update the models for themselves and provide continuing support if required.
Examples of Jigsaw business and financial modelling services.